1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of your raising concerns, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate you complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Khalida Ahmed, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Khalid Ahmed or the fee earner will call you to establish what the issue are to see if these can be resolved and we will then invite you to meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of the complaint being received. If you are not well to visit the office we can arrange a home visit.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Khalida Ahmed will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Khalida Ahmed will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another partner to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving you request foe a review, confirming our final position on you compliant the explaining our reason.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB or call 03005550333 about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescale above, we will let you know and explain why.